Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2018

June 3 - Sunday - Traveling through N. Cornwall to St. Just with David Trestrail

Happy as a duck
Wet as a shag (cormorant)
As yellow as a Keet's foot
Thirsty as a gull
A temper like a fowl
As weak as a goose chick
Sick as a shag
Mazed as a curly (curlew)
Wisht as a winnard (red wing)

~ Cornish Sayings


Feeling tired but at the same time feeling concerned I did not have the energy yesterday afternoon to volunteer in the hoop houses.  I was getting exhausted just trying to fight the exhaustion that came over me from walking through cemeteries.  I must do the simple exercises Harry taught me (through Trager)  to re-balance for the second leg of the journey at a community farm.

to be continued.


I leave my heart with the greatest affection and respect for the hosts of Riverside Cottage,  Harry and Julie Dalford.  I will never forget their kindness and strong presence ~ two remarkable people of great strength, determination, intelligence, love, and a mindful work ethic managing a pristine and sustainable organic farm.



And so I leave paradise behind and have the luxury and comfort of a ride by David Trestrail to Hayle, Gwinear, and St. Just.  David's kind offer was a Godsend, really, as I never could have made stops along the way with all my luggage.




No comments: