Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2018

June 18 2018 - a whole week without entries

I've been so busy working and doing things, I've only posted some things on Facebook and have failed to do my daily journaling here.
 Today, Monday, June 18th, is my 15th day at Bosavern Community Farm.   The 3 girls have all left for other journeys and I am the only female here.  We have had 2 young college age Frenchmen arrive since the weekend, and the house currently has 4 WWOOFERS - Quentin, Maxine, and Bastian - all young Frenchmen, and Otta, who is the WOOFER and house manager.

I had to prepare lunch today.  Penne pasta, sauce, and multigrain bread grilled open faced  with melted Cornish sharp organic cheddar cheese.

After my 3 hour shift in the store, I began washing all the bedding from the girl's dormitory which was in quite a mess.  Seriously, these comforters should be dry cleaned or taken to a commercial laundromat, periodically.  But that may be a difficult task.  I'm attempting to wash them but weather has been foggy, misty, and there's no sun to help kill the germs on the bedding I've hung out.  While the wash was going, I made banana pudding with a meringue topping.

I got to use leftover egg white and aging organic milk with thick cream on top.

Later Quentin decided to whip egg whites, too, and make a French Ice Cake.   He did a great job.

A misty day to wash and air out a dorm full of pillows and comforters. 

 
But I felt compelled to help out and make the girl's dorm as nice as I could for the next batch of girls who volunteer at the farm. 


I find this old stone building fascinating.  I wonder who built it in 1873.   Could it have been the original house.  Was it a thatched roof? 


I'm taking a risk doing so many blankets and hanging the pillows out.  Praying it doesn't rain tonight. 

It's 9:30 PM as I make this first entry into the journal.  We've been short on staff and when we lost 3 volunteers by Saturday, I offered to stay and help out on the farm because we have 360 chickens to care for, and a store to operate.   There's customer boxes that have to be packed, deliveries to be made, Farmers Market on Tuesdays, and of course all the picking and sowing, weeding, and transplanting of vegetables.  

I think I will enter each day I've missed this past week to keep the chronological order going, and back track and fill in the past 6 days when I can.  

I just had a wonderful deep soaking bath, washed my hair, cleaned the bathroom, and am washing a load of my own clothes, tonight. 

The 3 young Frenchmen are a delight.  They are intelligent and very respectful and polite.  They are in the parlor playing keyboards and piano. There is a stability and peacefulness in the house, tonight. 

That's all for now. I wanted everyone to know I've been all right.   Cheerio from St. Just, West Cornwall.   



No comments: